How to make an offer
In this Article
One of the most exciting times in home buying is when you’ve decided to make an offer! So many steps have already been taken to get to this point. Before we get started you may be interested in reading making a winning offer. In this support article we’re going to be covering how to make an offer plus we will be providing detailed insights for each step.
How to make an offer
- Sign into your imillee account.
- Click on explore homes from within your dashboard.
Explore/search for homes.
Click the make an offer button located underneath the homes photos.
STEP BY STEP / Making An Offer
Ready to make an offer? We're going to cover each step in detail. Let's get started!
- Address This is the address of the home you're wanting to make an offer for. This address should be pre-populated for you. However, we do recommend confirming the address. If the address is not pre-populated, you can simply type in the address of the home you are making an offer for.
- Offer This is the dollar amount in which you would like to offer for the home. ie. You simply tap and hold the white circle and then drag the circle to the right side of your screen until you see the dollar amount in which you want to offer.
- Inspection There are two options you can choose from 'yes or no'. If you choose yes your offer will include an inspection contingency. If you choose no your offer will not include an inspection contingency.
- Financial There are two options you can choose from 'yes or no'. Similar to an inspection contingency choosing yes your offer will include a financial contingency, if you choose no your offer will not include an inspection contingency.
- Appraisal There are two options you can choose from 'yes or no'. Similar to an inspection contingency and financial contingency, by choosing 'yes' your offer will include an appraisal contingency, if you choose 'no', your offer will not include an appraisal contingency.
- Earnest $ You can enter any amount you decide to. Simply click the field and then enter the numeric amount ie. 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, 5,000 etc.
- % Financed The percentage financed field auto generates the calculation for you. Simply click the field and enter the down payment with a numeric amount. ie. If your down payment will be 10,000 simply type 10,000. The calculation of the amount financed will be generated for you.
- Type of Loan There are a total of 6 options to choose from. Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, THDA, and Cash. You simply tap or click the type of loan you're using to purchase the home. If you're unsure of the type of loan then you should ask your mortgage lender.
- Approved? The approved field has two available option 'yes or no'. If you're pre-approved you can select yes. If you're currently not pre-approved you can select no. If you're unsure you should ask your mortgage lender.
Please note: If you select yes you will be asked to provide and upload your pre-approval letter .
- Closing date To choose a closing date you prefer or that will work for you and your timeline you simply click the field that says 'click to expand calendar'. This will expand a calendar for you to choose the date in which you would like to close. Additionally, you will be asked when you would like to be able to move-in after closing. There are two available options 'immediately or 30 days after closing'.
- Closing Each real estate transaction traditionally needs a closing company. You can enter your own or select from the pre-populated closing companies. This is your choice and rates may vary.
- Request This field allows you to make what are called special stipulations. You can simply select yes or no to any of the questions.
- Time Limit This field lets you'd decide how long to give the current home owner time to respond to your offer. Simply tap or select the click to expand calendar field to choose your date. Then enter the time of day in which you would like to give the current home owner time to respond to your offer.